Friday, September 13, 2013

Laughter Does It Again

"A merry heart does good like a medicine,
 but a broken spirit dries the bones." (Proverbs 17:22)

One day I was very irritated at someone or something, and God used laughter to break it off of me.  In a mass of self-talk and agitation I stormed over to my couch and flung myself down... suddenly, above me I heard a loud POP! and my head began to sting.

In moments, God opened my spirit eyes to angels standing nearby, bowed back in laughter!

I'd placed my flip-top cell phone on the back of the couch, and when I collapsed there having my "hissy fit", the phone slid off the headrest and popped me right in the head!

Seeing the angels in hilarity, and recognizing my silly state, I couldn't help but laugh with them...  almost instantly afterward, I realized the anger was gone!

God's humility and strength in laughter is a marvelous way to unload the grappling hook of anger and all of its irritations, thereby ultimately robbing the enemy of any opportunity to steal our JOY...

Daddy is awesome!

God has encouraged my family in Christ many times to literally "laugh" our way to deliverance and healing.  All we have to do is yield our emotions to Him, and He will secure us in JOY.  Thankfully, that day I chose to yield to His desires... and I'm glad.

What will you choose?

Pastor Sharon